Chromebook Mortgage System
This program allows eligible students to borrow Chromebooks acquired by the College to bridge the Digital Divide regarding full-time RBC students on campus, who have graduated from high school or equivalent as determined solely by Richard Bland College, and are in a degree-granting program at the College. Students who borrow a Chromebook must comply fully with the Chromebook Mortgage Agreement, which they must sign prior to taking possession of the device.
Richard Humdrum University are invested in taking pupils which have an effective training ecosystem irrespective of the socioeconomic reputation. A significant ability having fulfilling so it union is actually connecting the Digital Divide from the loaning eligible pupils the system units must assist maximize the chances to see.
Digital Split form the gulf coast of florida anywhere between anyone who has ready accessibility computers additionally the Sites and those who dont.
The Chromebooks are the property of Richard Bland College. The Chromebooks are for College business only and e of one academic year. The Chromebooks are from one to four years old and run the Chrome operating system with the standard software package including links to access Office 365. Only students who are full time, have graduated from high school or equivalent as determined solely by Richard Bland College, and are in a degree-granting program at the College are eligible to participate in this program. All students participating in this program must comply with this policy and the Chromebook Mortgage Arrangement.
Come to STAC to test accessibility and you will reserve good Chromebook. You should put on display your Richard Humdrum University ID when booking and you can whenever taking a look at a beneficial Chromebook.
Chromebook Mortgage Program
The Chromebooks are available through STAC. The Chromebook Mortgage Arrangement must be completed and signed prior to checking out the Chromebook. In addition to the Chromebook Mortgage Arrangement, you must log on to the Chromebook while connected to the Richard Bland College network to build your profile before it will work off campus.
To steadfastly keep up maximum supply, i allow it to be Chromebooks are looked at no longer than just that informative seasons. The Chromebooks should be returned into the good condition toward otherwise prior to the past day’s last examinations with the educational 12 months into the that the Chromebook was lent otherwise three days just before good student’s detachment or any other termination of Richard Bland University. Chromebooks perhaps not came back because of the deadline can get procedure started to utilize a beneficial $eight hundred charges into student’s account.
You’re guilty of the expense of restoring otherwise replacement the fresh new Chromebook aside from fault. Normal wear and tear is generally licensed on only discernment of one’s Richard Terrifically boring College or university It Features Institution. Will set you back can be as high as $eight hundred to own complete substitute for. Any costs not repaid towards the end from a session commonly bring about a grip apply your grades and transcript. Instance will cost you along with may be sent to help you choices to own suitable step.
What goes on when your Chromebook enjoy a hardware incapacity while i get it that isn’t because of any preventable injury to the Chromebook?
Guidance and you will Technical Characteristics (STAC, McNeer Hallway 110, (804) 862-6401) could well be responsible for every fixes in the event that Chromebook was returned.
- STAC commonly support/service Chromebooks during normal performing hours.
- All the STAC assistance desires will be noted operating Table tickets.
- Beginner prepared an excellent Chromebook for very long identity checkout goes to STAC;
- Pupil reveals the new STAC broker their/their ID so you’re able to begin this new booking procedure;
- STAC representative retrieves an effective Chromebook providing the same to the scholar;
- STAC representative performs the brand new checkout procedure with the library’s tracking system researching the new bar code placed on brand new Chromebook; The Chromebook checkout instantly produces a great Chromebook hold on the brand new student’s account.
- Beginner verifies Chromebook accessibility while in STAC (that it hobby builds new student’s reputation which are working of campus).
- Beginner would go to STAC to return the Chromebook;
- STAC creates a Service Desk ticket to document a Chromebook return.
- This particular service Desk ticket specifies brand new Student’s R# together with Chromebook Library identity.